With Adrienne Dupre Ferreira
November 27, 2013
Hello Supermodel! On today's post I wanted to talk to you about the importance of looking sharp for a casting. As you've probably noticed already, castings are usually super short. And by short, I mean only the time you actually have with the client because that wait in line feels like foreeeever! Sometimes a go-see last as little as 45 seconds, so you only have a small window to make a great impression.
Here I want to share with you a few tips I learned throughout the years to help you look your best:
- If there are no instructions from your agent, simplicity is the best way to go when putting together a 'casting look'. Remember, less is more.
- Learn you shape, slip on something flattering and that you feel great in.
- Remember, club dresses and prom dresses should stay at home
- Wear neutral colors and/or solid colors. Busy patterns might distract from that pretty face!
- If a client requests that you wear something specific for a casting and you don't have it, don't sweat it. Just try wearing the closest thing you have to that look.
- Shorts and skirts are a great way to go to show off those long legs.
- Clients have a preference for tank tops because they like to see your arms and shoulders.
- Invest on a great pair of skinny jeans, they make you look great and you'll be requested to bring them on jobs too.
- Tank tops and jeans are also the perfect combo for your agency polaroids.
- Make sure your heels are comfortable (I know, I know, heels are not comfortable. So try wearing your most bearable ones in case you have to stay in line for long periods of time).
- For fashion show castings make sure your shoes are nice and tight so they don't come off and you feel confident (that moment were you start walking weird trying to hold on to your shoes with your toes).
Xoxo & good luck on your castings!